Unique School Solutions are a long-term specialist Education Agency who support Primary, Secondary and SEND Schools across South Yorkshire with long-term and permanent cover.
We are urgently recruiting for a Teaching Assistant ASAP on a full-time basis to work at an alternative school in Sheffield supporting children with SEMH and challenging behaviours. The age range of the children is from 6 - 16 years. The position is to start ASAP until the end of the academic year with a strong possibility of a permanent position following a successful 12 week period.
What does this role entail?
As a Teaching Assistant you will support the children both academically and personally
You will be flexible and able to deliver the UK national curriculum in KS1, KS2 or KS3
You will work under the direction of the classroom teacher to promote a positive working environment to enable the children to thrive academically and socially
The successful Teaching Assistant will be:
- Be available as soon as possible for a full-time position.
- Resilient adaptable and dedicated to the well-being of pupils.
- Up to date with welfare and safeguarding practice within Education.
- Passionate about supporting teachers and building relationships.
- Qualified in supporting Teaching and Learning (Level 2 or Level 3) OR CACHE Level 2 or 3
- Experienced in supporting the curriculum within UK schools.
- Due to the additional needs of the children you'll be working with Team Teach qualification is desirable however not essential
By working with Unique School Solutions you will benefit from:
- The support of an experienced team of specialist Consultants
- Ongoing CPD and opportunities to complete fully funded training
- The opportunity to gain permanent employment after 12 weeks
All candidates must adhere to our stringent vetting procedure which includes a zoom registration, professional references and an Enhanced DBS.
Unique School Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Unique School Solutions is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.