Unique School Solutions are working with a partner Specialist Secondary School in the Dinnington (S25) area of Sheffield to recruit a number of SEN Teaching Assistants to work in their engaging and welcoming school from September 2022.
This is a full-time, term time only position, initially for a 12 week period with the potential to be offered a permanent contract following successful performance during this time.
The hours for this role are 9.00am until 4pm Monday to Friday term time only.
No previous experience is necessary for this role as full induction and on-going training will be provided. Applications are welcomed from those that have worked within the care sector, other educational providers such as pupil referral units, alternative provisions or simply have experience caring for someone with a special educational need.
Unique School Solutions are a specialist long-term and permanent recruiter for schools in South Yorkshire. Successful candidates are expected to be passionate about making a difference to children, and will be working closely with class teachers and other school staff. They will provide a high quality of support and communication with their students, and be able to work in small groups.
This position is working with children aged from 11 to 18 years old who have a range of additional needs. Experience in ADHD, Autism, and managing challenging behaviour are desirable.
We are looking to appoint the very best of education professionals to come join our team and work with us at this supportive school and represent their ethos.
About the role:
- Supporting teaching and learning following the school’s curriculum
- To work in partnership with class teacher to ensure the very best standard of education is delivered to the children
- To support children with learning on a 1:1 basis and in small groups
- To liaise with external agencies and parent/carers when required
- To be part of the wider school community when required
By working with Unique School Solutions, you will benefit from:
- The support of an experienced team of specialist consultants
- Ongoing CPD and opportunities to complete fully funded training
- The opportunity to gain permanent employment after 12 weeks
All candidates must adhere to our stringent vetting procedure which includes (in brief) a face to face registration, professional references, and an Enhanced DBS.
Unique School Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Unique School Solutions is acting as an Employment Business in relations to this vacancy