Food Technology Technician – Secondary School
Unique School Solutions are currently recruiting for a warm and welcoming secondary school in the South of Sheffield with the recruitment of a Food Technology Technician to join their school from September 2022.
This is a full-time (term time only) position working Monday – Friday from 8.30am to 3.30pm. This position has the strong opportunity to become permanent following a successful 12-week period.
Applications are welcomed from those that have previous experience working as a Food Technology Assistant in schools or come from a catering background and have an interest in working in education with secondary aged students.
· Provide full technical support to teaching staff and students, particularly in the preparation and cleaning/clearing of lesson materials/equipment
· Assist in the maintenance of supplies for the Department
· Keep resources in an organised and accessible manner
· Assist teaching staff in the preparation of resources for lessons
· Undertake minor repairs to resources e.g. mending books, tightening fixings on saucepans lids, cupboard doors etc.
· Clear classrooms/work areas after lessons, undertake washing up, cleaning of work surfaces, return of resources to appropriate storage etc - as required
· Liaise with other Departments as required
The ideal candidate
· Has previous experience in the role or has catering experience
· Interacts positively and professionally with students
· Can work effectively as a member of a team
· Can multi-task and take on additional responsibilities when required
By working with Unique School Solutions, you will benefit from:
· The support of an experienced team of specialist consultants
· The opportunity to gain permanent employment after 12 weeks
· Competitive daily rates of pay from day 1
· Access to our Team Unique Staff Room where you can gain advice, support, and friendships with other USS members
· The opportunity for permanent employment
This position will require you to complete our stringent vetting procedure which includes (in brief) a face-to-face registration, professional references and Enhanced DBS.
Please note Unique School Solutions are acting as an employment agency on behalf of our school client. We are an equal opportunities employer.